Members of the THRTA are categorized as follows:
- Active members—any firm or corporation managing, operating or providing accommodation to guests, travellers or tourists.
- Allied members—any firm, corporation or organisation providing products and services to the hotels and tourism industry
THRTA’s members benefit from:
- Effective lobbying for tourism
- Opportunities for members to network and display their goods and services at General Meetings
- Marketing coordination and facilitation.
- Product development and tourism awareness programs
- Research and data collection on tourism development
- Inclusion on the THRTA’s social/digital media platforms (new website, Facebook, blogs etc.)
- Affiliation with the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association
- Support of student/industry scholarship applications through the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Education Foundation Scholarship Program.
- Grant funding
- Member representation at travel trade shows
- Strategic alliances (such as with Regatta Travel Solution to provide the THRTA with a collective booking engine for members through the creation of the booktrinidadnow.com website)
- Aid in the development of the food and beverage sector through the training and development of the National Culinary Team for regional and international culinary competitions.
Join the THRTA
- Who can join?
- Firms or corporations managing, operating or providing accommodation to guests, travellers or tourists, i.e. hotels and guest houses may join as active members of the Association
- Any firm, corporation or organisation providing products and services to the hotels and tourism industry, i.e. suppliers, restaurants, etc., may join as allied members.
- I am interested in joining the Association. What do I need to do?
- Fill out the application form; Active – if you are a hotel or guest house, or Allied if you are a supplier to the hospitality industry or a restaurant.
- All applications are reviewed by the THRTA Board of Directors.
- Once your application has been approved, you will be required to pay the membership fee. Please see the application form for details on the fee structure.
- Applications forms are available for download here.
- Submit completed applications to the THRTA by mail:
Trinidad Hotels, Restaurants & Tourism Association
c/o Trinidad & Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Institute
Chaguaramas, Trinidad, West Indies
Or, by email: